Weight Loss Injections
In addition to appetite suppressant medication and nutritional counseling, Dr. Summers recommends that his patients participate in the weight loss injections to help maximize weight loss efforts. These injections are administered directly into the hip muscle for increased absorption. The 3 types of weight loss injections available include:
1. Vitamin B12 (color of injection solution: red) - This injection contains only Vitamin B12, which is known as the "energy vitamin" because it is used in the metabolism of every cell in the body. It provides an energy boost and is commonly used to treat fatigue.
2. MIC w/B12 (color of injection solution: pink) - A mixture of 3 powerful fat burners (methionine, inositol and choline), as well as Vitamin B12. A description of benefits from each ingredient is listed below.
- Methionine is an essential amino acid that helps the body process and eliminate fat. It contains sulfer, a substance that is required for the production of the body’s most abundant natural antioxidant, glutathione.
- Methionine is a lipotropic, or a chemical substance that helps the liver process fats (lipids). Other lipotropics include choline, inositol, and betaine (trimethylglycine), all of which help prevent the accumulation of fat in the liver and thus ensure normal liver function, which is essential for the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Methionine also supports liver function by regulating glutathione supplies; glutathione is needed to help neutralize toxins in the liver.
- Methionine is needed to make creatine, a nutrient naturally found primarily in muscle tissue that provides the energy our muscles need to move, and has been found to boost athletic performance during short, intense workouts. Creatine is necessary for all muscular function, and thus supports normal functioning of the heart and circulatory system.
- Methionine is essential for the formation of healthy collagen used to form skin, nails, and connective tissue, and helps reduce the level of inflammatory histamines in the body. People with conditions linked to excessive histamine production, such as arthritis and chronic allergies, may benefit from methionine supplementation.
- One major health benefit of inositol is that when combined with choline, they produce lecithin in your body. Lecithin is fundamental in breaking down fats in your body and this means that it can prevent fat build ups in the cell walls of your heart, arteries and brain by breaking down the fatty deposits. Less fat in your arteries means lower cholesterol.
- Inositol is directly involved in the metabolic process of breaking down fats. Along with choline, it works like a pick axe does to dirt and rock. It's lipotropic qualities makes for an unavoidable confrontation for fat stores. It makes sure that adipose tissue is removed and transported effectively and immediately to the fat-furnace. It's vitamin-like effects ensures that during this metabolic process, the body is still receiving it's nutritional needs and so it allows for fat stores to be released and used up.
- It's been studied that those with low levels of inositol are more likely to suffer from symptoms of anxiety, depression, panic attacks, mood swings, and other mental disorders. Experts are studying it's natural anti-depressant effects and use in treatment of bi-polar disorder, OCD, bulimia, ADHD, Autism, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease. It also has shown effective for treatment of nerve pain, cancer, and high cholesterol.
- Is your hair damaged, limp, and are you balding? Hormones can have a lot to do with hair loss and poor hair health and inositol is part of a super-vitamin formula to balance hormones to produce healthy, strong, and shiny hair. Hair loss is directly affected by abnormal levels of androgens, and inositol can be a welcoming player in helping to disrupt and reduce symptoms of hyperandrogenism.
- Choline is vital to controlling fat and cholesterol buildup in the body—regulating the kidneys, liver and gallbladder, and banishing fatigue. Studies have concluded that choline helps the body burn fat, resulting in easier weight loss while simultaneously lowering cholesterol.
- As an added bonus, choline helps form phosphatidylcholine, which is needed for proper mental functioning. Providing your body with adequate choline while you are young can help diminish memory deficits as you age. Choline can nourish your brain and your liver while it helps you lose weight.
3. Lipovite injections (color of injection solution: orange) - A mixture of methionine, inositol, choline, methylcobsiamin (vitamin B12), thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin, niacinamide, D-Panthenol (vitamin B5), pryidoxime, levocarnitine, chromium, procaine, and L-Citrullino.
Methionine, Inositol, Choline, Methylcobsiamin (vitamin B12)
- Contains the 3 lipotropic fat burners (methionine, inositol and choline) and vitamin B12, same as the MIC w B12 injection listed above.
Thiamine (vitamin B1)
- Helps the body's cells convert carbohydrates into energy. It is also essential for the functioning of the heart, muscles, and nervous system.
Niacinamide (vitamin B3)
- Improves the appearance of skin by reducing signs of aging, in addition to reducing hyperpigmentation and preventing moisture loss.
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Panthenol is a natural chemical compound closely related to vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). In fact, panthenol is only one metabolic step away from vitamin B5 and is relatively easily converted to it in the body.
- D-panthenol has a good clinical track record in helping to heal a wide variety of skin damage, often as a part of a combined therapy. It appears to speed up healing of wounds and burns as well as aid in skin transplantation and scar treatment.
- D-panthenol also improves superficial skin damage (seen in dry, rough, chafed skin) by helping regenerate/strengthen the epidermis and stratum corneum (outer skin layers) and thus improving the skin's protective barrier.
Pryidoxime (vitamin B6)
- Vitamin B6 functions as a component of more bodily process than any other vitamin. It plays a role in over one hundred different biochemical process as a coenzyme, including: metabolizing glycogen and amino acids, producing nucleic acids, and producing and metabolizing hemoglobin.
- Helps the body to metabolize proteins and carbohydrates for energy.
- Helps to promote a healthy immune system and maintain proper immune system function.
- Required for normal brain and central nervous system function. Pyridoxine is particularly crucial for maintaining the health of nerve and muscle cells.
- Plays a critical role in the formation of both red and white blood cells. It also helps to guard the heart by inhibiting cholesterol deposits.
- Needed for proper absorption of vitamin B12 to occur.
- Boosts energy by stimulating the body's burning of tryglycerides as fuel, and sparing the supply of glycogen stored in the liver for heavier exertion.
- Allows the body to burn more fat, save glycogen, and ultimately boost stamina and endurance.
- By providing more fat to muscles, it makes accessible an otherwise unavailable energy source.
- May be instrumental in the treatment of diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, kidney and liver disease.
- Involved in the metabolism of carbohydrate, fat, and protein.
- It is an essential part of metabolic processes that regulate blood sugar, and helps insulin transport glucose into cells, where it can be used for energy.
- Also used to treat depression, PCOS, lowering "bad" cholesterol and raising "good" cholesterol in people taking beta blockers.
- A local anestetic drug primarily used to reduce pain at the injection site.
- Increases Nitric Oxide production for cardiovascular, immune boosting, and sexual health benefits!
- May ease symptoms of mild-to-moderate erectile dysfunction (ED). Scientists say L-citrulline does not work as well as ED drugs such as Viagra. However, it appears to be a safe option.
- 1 injection for $10 (with 1 cc of the solution in each syringe)
- 1 Double Injection for $20 (with 2 cc's of the solution in each syringe)
- The key to these shots being successful is consistency. It may take a few weeks for the shots to "kick in", but you will see the results if you stay consistent with the injections. When it is time to break from the appetite suppressant medications, it is best to continue with the injections in order to maintain weight loss.
- As long as you have completed your initial weight clinic appointment, you are free to stop by anytime during normal operating hours to purchase injections.
- You do not have to have an appointment or pay a follow-up visit fee to stop by and purchase additional injections from the weight clinic receptionist. Our office does not close for lunch so feel free to stop by to purchase injections during your lunch break.
- You have the option to take your injections home with you and self-administer (following the rules that we provide to you in written form and will be adding to this website soon).
- For more information regarding the weight loss injections, please see our FAQ page our website.