Weight Loss Injections
In addition to appetite suppressant medication and nutritional counseling, Dr. Summers recommends that his patients participate in the weight loss injections to help maximize weight loss efforts. These injections are administered directly into the hip muscle for increased absorption. The 3 types of weight loss injections available include:
1. Vitamin B12 (color of injection solution: red) - This injection contains only Vitamin B12, which is known as the "energy vitamin" because it is used in the metabolism of every cell in the body. It provides an energy boost and is commonly used to treat fatigue.
2. MIC w/B12 (color of injection solution: pink) - A mixture of 3 powerful fat burners (methionine, inositol and choline), as well as Vitamin B12. A description of benefits from each ingredient is listed below.
- Methionine is an essential amino acid that helps the body process and eliminate fat. It contains sulfer, a substance that is required for the production of the body’s most abundant natural antioxidant, glutathione.
- Methionine is a lipotropic, or a chemical substance that helps the liver process fats (lipids). Other lipotropics include choline, inositol, and betaine (trimethylglycine), all of which help prevent the accumulation of fat in the liver and thus ensure normal liver function, which is essential for the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Methionine also supports liver function by regulating glutathione supplies; glutathione is needed to help neutralize toxins in the liver.
- Methionine is needed to make creatine, a nutrient naturally found primarily in muscle tissue that provides the energy our muscles need to move, and has been found to boost athletic performance during short, intense workouts. Creatine is necessary for all muscular function, and thus supports normal functioning of the heart and circulatory system.
- Methionine is essential for the formation of healthy collagen used to form skin, nails, and connective tissue, and helps reduce the level of inflammatory histamines in the body. People with conditions linked to excessive histamine production, such as arthritis and chronic allergies, may benefit from methionine supplementation.
- One major health benefit of inositol is that when combined with choline, they produce lecithin in your body. Lecithin is fundamental in breaking down fats in your body and this means that it can prevent fat build ups in the cell walls of your heart, arteries and brain by breaking down the fatty deposits. Less fat in your arteries means lower cholesterol.
- Inositol is directly involved in the metabolic process of breaking down fats. Along with choline, it works like a pick axe does to dirt and rock. It's lipotropic qualities makes for an unavoidable confrontation for fat stores. It makes sure that adipose tissue is removed and transported effectively and immediately to the fat-furnace. It's vitamin-like effects ensures that during this metabolic process, the body is still receiving it's nutritional needs and so it allows for fat stores to be released and used up.
- It's been studied that those with low levels of inositol are more likely to suffer from symptoms of anxiety, depression, panic attacks, mood swings, and other mental disorders. Experts are studying it's natural anti-depressant effects and use in treatment of bi-polar disorder, OCD, bulimia, ADHD, Autism, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease. It also has shown effective for treatment of nerve pain, cancer, and high cholesterol.
- Is your hair damaged, limp, and are you balding? Hormones can have a lot to do with hair loss and poor hair health and inositol is part of a super-vitamin formula to balance hormones to produce healthy, strong, and shiny hair. Hair loss is directly affected by abnormal levels of androgens, and inositol can be a welcoming player in helping to disrupt and reduce symptoms of hyperandrogenism.
- Choline is vital to controlling fat and cholesterol buildup in the body—regulating the kidneys, liver and gallbladder, and banishing fatigue. Studies have concluded that choline helps the body burn fat, resulting in easier weight loss while simultaneously lowering cholesterol.
- As an added bonus, choline helps form phosphatidylcholine, which is needed for proper mental functioning. Providing your body with adequate choline while you are young can help diminish memory deficits as you age. Choline can nourish your brain and your liver while it helps you lose weight.
3. Lipojet injections (color of injection solution: reddish/brown) - A mixture of Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, methionine, inositol, choline, L-carnitine, chromium, and lidocaine.
- B-1 Vitamin B1 is used to help the body convert carbohydrates to energy. It is also used to boost immune function and to decrease memory loss.
- B-2 Vitamin B2 uses include increasing energy levels; boosting immune system function; maintaining healthy hair, skin, mucous membranes, and nails; slowing aging; boosting athletic performance.
- B-3 (Niacin) Releases the energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins so they can be used by the body. This vitamin is also involved in controlling blood sugar levels, keeping skin healthy and maintaining the proper functioning of the nervous and digestive systems.
- B-5 Vitamin B5 is a component of coenzyme A (CoA). This plays a critical role on the utilization of fats and carbohydrates in energy production as well as the manufacturing of adrenal hormones and red blood cells.
- B-6 Vitamin B6 is used for reducing blood levels of homocysteine, a chemical that might be linked to heart disease. It also assists with proper nerve function and immune system function.
- B-12 Vitamin B-12 helps your body use fat and carbohydrates for energy and make new protein. It is also important for normal blood, cells, and nerves.
- Methionine – Methionine assists in the breakdown of fats and thereby prevents the build-up of fat in the arteries, as well as assisting with the digestive system and removing heavy metals from the body since it can be converted to cytosine, which is a precursor to glutathione, which is of prime importance in detoxifying the liver.
- Inositol – Helps to maintain proper electrical energy and nutrient transfer across the cell membrane. It also acts as a lipotropic, which converts fats into other useful products. Inositol helps establish healthy cell membranes, which facilitate nerve impulses.
- Choline – Increases rate of lipolysis, meaning that you burn more fat than you would at your typical metabolic rate. It does this by assisting the transportation of dietary fats throughout the body to your cells so they are promptly burned for energy. This can help prevent future weight gain while also contributing to steady and reliable weight loss results. Also promotes brain health and focus.
- L-Carnitine – Promotes the use long-chain fatty acids for energy and boosts endurance.
- Chromium – Helps regulate blood sugar levels and aids in increasing energy.
- Lidocaine – local anesthetic used to decrease the pain associated with intramuscular injection.
- 1 injection for $10 (with 1 cc of the solution in each syringe)
- 1 Double Injection for $20 (with 2 cc's of the solution in each syringe)
- The key to these shots being successful is consistency. It may take a few weeks for the shots to "kick in", but you will see the results if you stay consistent with the injections. When it is time to break from the appetite suppressant medications, it is best to continue with the injections in order to maintain weight loss.
- As long as you have completed your initial weight clinic appointment, you are free to stop by anytime during normal operating hours to purchase injections.
- You do not have to have an appointment or pay a follow-up visit fee to stop by and purchase additional injections from the weight clinic receptionist. Our office does not close for lunch so feel free to stop by to purchase injections during your lunch break.
- You have the option to take your injections home with you and self-administer (following the rules that we provide to you in written form and will be adding to this website soon).
- For more information regarding the weight loss injections, please see our FAQ page our website.