Dr. Summers' weight loss clinic provides weight loss programs and maintenance solutions determined by each patient's unique medical needs, weight loss goals, and other individual requirements. Our program includes one-on-one nutritional and exercise counseling, prescription appetite suppressant medications, Vitamin B6 - B12 - Lipotropic Injections and/or Tablets, and additional support based on each patient's individual needs. Our clinic provides a variety of treatment approaches that can be combined in unique ways to address specific weight management needs and challenges of each individual patient.
Initial Weight Loss Consultation ($75 is the fee for the initial consultation)
- One on one consultation with Dr. Summers and his team of medical professionals to determine a safe and effective weight loss program, based medical history paperwork that you will be asked to fill out at the beginning of your "new patient" appointment. If necessary, we will consult with your primary care physician to obtain important medical records and/or lab results.
- Optional Blood Work - We offer a blood test that is more advanced than your average blood test and focuses on finding problems with metabolism and other factors that relate to weight gain. The blood work is optional, yet highly recommended, and we will draw your blood for free for patients with insurance (NOTE: THE AMOUNT FOR ALL THE TESTS COULD BE APPLIED TO YOUR DEDUCTIBLE WHICH YOU WOULD OWE) and $75 for patients without insurance. Each patient who participates in the blood work receives a letter written by Dr. Summers explaning the test results and directions on how to treat specific problems detected regarding metabolism and other abnormalities. In addition to receiving a letter from Dr. Summers, each patient is given access to a free licensed nutritionist who will help you create a personalized diet, based on your blood work results, to help you achieve maximum weight loss.
- Weight and BMI (Body Mass Index) Analysis
- Vitals - Blood Pressure and Pulse
- Nutritional and Exercise Counseling- After we determine you weight loss goal, we will advise you on how many calories you should eat each day in order to reach your weight loss goal and provide you with sample menus with healthy food choices based on your suggested daily caloric intake. Dr. Summers understands that education and support are important factors to any successful weight loss program. Please remember that we are always just a phone call away and we are committed to being your support system throughout your weight loss journey!
- Written prescription to an FDA-approved appetite suppressant (If prescribed.) Appetite suppressants can be taken by those who feel they need a little extra help controlling their appetite. The prescription appetite suppressant we most commonly prescribe is Adipex (generic name: Phentermine), but we also prescribe Bontril and other prescription medications in order to meet specific patient needs.
- New patient introduction packet
- Vitamin B & Lipotropic injections (injections are not included in the $75 fee) - Dr. Summers gives you the option to participate in our weight loss injections, in addition to your appetite suppressant medication. The injections are prescribed to be administered at least one time per week in the upper hip on a consistent basis. Our trained medical staff will administer your injection for you during your appointment and will also teach you how to self-administer the injection if you prefer to take them home to self-administer them each week. You do not need an appointment and are not required to pay any fee other than the cost of the injections if you only want to purchase additional injections. Also, remember that you have the option to take more than one Vitamin B and Lipotropic injection per week and/or request double injections (with double the amount of the solution in each syringe).
- You may choose to do just the Vitamin B and/or Lipotropic injections (with no appetite suppressant presciption). If you choose to only participate in the weight loss injections and forgo the prescription medications the initial consultation fee drops to $45, plus the cost of injections. This saves you $30 on your initial consultation fee.
- During the initial patinet will be informed about additional program options and products such as non prescription appetite suppressant medications and lipotropic pills (as an alternative to the lipotropic injections).
- 30-Day Follow Up ($30 is the fee for each 30-day follow up visit)
- Dr. Summers requires all weight clinic patients to be seen in the office every 30-days in order to obtain a refill on his or her appetite suppressant medication.
- Weight and BMI Analysis
- Vitals - Blood Pressure and Pulse
- Nutritional and Exercise Counseling
- Vitamin B & Lipotropic injections - optional, yet highly recommended. We will administer your injection for you or you have the option of self injection.
- Vitamin B & Lipotropic Injections (choose between the following price options)
- 1 Injection: $10/injection
- Double Injections: $20/Injection
*Remember that you have the option to do more than 1 injection per week and/or double injections. We have 3 types of injections that are made by a compounding pharmacy specifically for Dr. Summers and they are all the same price for each cc of the solution. Please call 205-838-3740 or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions about our weight loss program.
This website is still under major construction, but we hope to have it finished soon. For more information about our weight loss program or to schedule an appointment, please call our office at 205-838-3740. We look forward to helping you achieve your weight loss goal and helping you begin a new, healthy lifestyle!