Dr. Summers' weight loss clinic provides weight loss programs and maintenance solutions determined by each patient's unique medical needs, weight loss goals, and other individual requirements. Our program includes one-on-one nutritional and exercise counseling, prescription appetite suppressant medications, Vitamin B6 - B12 - Lipotropic Injections and/or Tablets, and additional support based on each patient's individual needs. Our clinic provides a variety of treatment approaches that can be combined in unique ways to address specific weight management needs and challenges of each individual patient.
Initial Weight Loss Consultation ($75 is the fee for the initial consultation)
- One on one consultation with Dr. Summers and his team of medical professionals to determine a safe and effective weight loss program, based medical history paperwork that you will be asked to fill out at the beginning of your "new patient" appointment. If necessary, we will consult with your primary care physician to obtain important medical records and/or lab results.
- Optional Blood Work
- Weight and BMI (Body Mass Index) Analysis
- Vitals - Blood Pressure and Pulse
- Nutritional and Exercise Counseling- After we determine you weight loss goal, we will advise you on how many calories you should eat each day in order to reach your weight loss goal and provide you with sample menus with healthy food choices based on your suggested daily caloric intake. Dr. Summers understands that education and support are important factors to any successful weight loss program. Please remember that we are always just a phone call away and we are committed to being your support system throughout your weight loss journey!
- Written prescription to an FDA-approved appetite suppressant (If prescribed.) Appetite suppressants can be taken by those who feel they need a little extra help controlling their appetite. The prescription appetite suppressant we most commonly prescribe is Adipex (generic name: Phentermine), but we also prescribe Bontril and other prescription medications in order to meet specific patient needs.
- New patient introduction packet
- Vitamin B & Lipotropic injections (injections are not included in the $75 fee) - Dr. Summers gives you the option to participate in our weight loss injections, in addition to your appetite suppressant medication. The injections are prescribed to be administered at least one time per week in the upper hip on a consistent basis. Our trained medical staff will administer your injection for you during your appointment and will also teach you how to self-administer the injection if you prefer to take them home to self-administer them each week. You do not need an appointment and are not required to pay any fee other than the cost of the injections if you only want to purchase additional injections. Also, remember that you have the option to take more than one Vitamin B and Lipotropic injection per week and/or request double injections (with double the amount of the solution in each syringe).
- You may choose to do just the Vitamin B and/or Lipotropic injections (with no appetite suppressant presciption). If you choose to only participate in the weight loss injections and forgo the prescription medications the initial consultation fee drops to $45, plus the cost of injections. This saves you $30 on your initial consultation fee.
- Patients will also be informed regarding various supplements, which are are also optional, yet recommended and can be taken along with other parts of the program.
- New patients may schedule appointments at any of the 5 clinic locations. Patients are NOT required to start at St. Vincent's East and then transfer, as transfering as a return patient to another location is just another option we give our patients for convenience.
- 30-Day Follow Up ($30 is the fee for each 30-day follow up visit)
- Dr. Summers requires all weight clinic patients to be seen in the office every 30-days in order to obtain a refill on his or her appetite suppressant medication.
- Weight and BMI Analysis
- Vitals - Blood Pressure and Pulse
- Nutritional and Exercise Counseling
- Vitamin B & Lipotropic injections - optional, yet highly recommended.